A video journal about my particular journey through life.
Let it be insightful for you, if it feels right.
Because Internet Robots are applying for 100's of new accounts, I HAVE TURNED OFF THE USER ACCOUNT APPLICATIONS FOR A WHILE.
If you would like a new account please write at "Contact Us" on the orange bar and put "New Account" in the subject line. Give your proposed user name, the city and country in which you live, and what your interest is in this material. I'll be happy to send you your account log-in.
A NOTE TO VISITORS: WE HAVE BEEN RUNNING A LITTLE OVER ALLOWED EXECUTIONS. THAT MEANS THE END OF THE MONTH MIGHT HAVE SLOWDOWNS. IF SO, PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE FIRST OF THE MONTH WHEN IT WILL BE UP TO SPEED.
I listened to this debate audio on one of three streams sponsored by the Green party.
It was amazing. 2 million or 2.8 million people watched this feed. It was also streamed on Twitter and Periscope.
They played the audio of the Clinton / Trump debate live. Then Jill came in on every question with a breakthrough solution based policy on each issue. She was unstoppable. She has her platform so internalised that her answers just roll off of her tongue. Then she took 20 minutes of questions from Twitter giving 30 second answers.
The whole thing was amazing. Next time I hope she is on stage with the other two candidates. If not these feeds work great.
I am just waking up the astounding power of focus and intelligence of Dr. Jill Stein, presidential candidate. She never falters, even agains the most toxic interviewers.
Here is a more tranquil Green Townhall this August run by CNN. She answers all questions right on-point. Absolutely nothing about throwing curve balls at the adversaries. Always on the issues.
HOW DOES CROWD FUNDING WORK?
You got to get on board and give something. 10 bucka times a million makes a difference. Zero bucks times 100 million is total apathy..
I made lots of little donations to Bernie Sanders.
PLEASE GET BEHING JILL STEIN AND SHOW HER YOU BELIEVE SHE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
(Even if it is only to hear one voice of reason in a wilderness of blabber.)
Much of the planet moves in cycles, and the predominate cycle is that of the seasons which affects all lifeforms. A group of these cycles we call a lifetime. We’ve identified the length of this cycle, and we have defined a beginning (and an end), which we call “Happy New Year”.
Why should the next cycle be any different than the past cycles? Our body is getting older. Our mind has more ideas, and we may have adopted these ideas as beliefs. Most of these beliefs act as a justification for the structure that we find ourselves in. The structures are inevitable forms that we must submit to in order to function in society. If we have children, the tightest of these structures might be the school district, (if we don’t want to move our kids out of their circle of friends). We have a family, and a job and a house or apartment to maintain. This leads to an inevitable rhythm of life that limits our options to what’s available within this structure.
So we mark the passing of another cycle, perhaps without many options to modify or improve it. We do have some latitude with personal habits and could exercise more, or binge less. But exercise takes energy in a lifestyle that may already be stressed, and binging of one kind or another may seem our only moment of escape.
Here are the links of the introduction and discussion of the context of the Individual,
and the second part of the context of the World.
We did arrive at some very clear propositions in these earlier threads. If it has proven difficult for you to work through them, a SUMMARY is in order. I’ll recapitulates our starting point and our three ground assumptions (axioms).
I could speak at length about gaining empowerment in the contexts of the individual (which includes mastery of the emotional equation) and the context of the world. I realise that my ideas are a maximum challenge to the held beliefs of transformation. It is very difficult entertain such a simplification that might make previous philosophies obsolete. Hence the limited participation. For instance, believing in transformation, requires the acceptance of “Levels of Being”, since in order to transform, you must move from “there to here”. What if there are no levels? If This is IT?
1. I chose three contexts where all people spend most of their time. What else is worthy of discussion? Actually we are each always:
• an individual, with the challenges of relationship and self-esteem.
• in the world, with the challenges to meet legal, economic and perhaps ongoing physical conflicts or war.
• and we always live in a context of possibility for growth and knowing.
(This conversation continues at these links, but the introduciton is here.
We get much sharing over the years on NNH, and the phrase that stands out most often is some form of “there is no separation”. I want to question what it is that might be practical in that realisation.
My question supposes that we all have some basic necessities to remain alive. I guess that I am saying that we all have to live. Those that profess no-separation might say that we don’t have to live, that we are lived. I will go ahead with my proposition anyway, without getting tangled in too many abstractions. Or I’ll leave those abstracts for later.
What are some basics of life, based on perception?
- Something exists.
- Perception of what exists is an unknown mix of the existential and what we think about it.
- Life is always moving, death is always still.
- Life is a multiplicity.
What are the basics of life, based on assumptions?
We spend much of our lifetimes observing the world around us and trying to understand what we see through our explanations. When there are no reasonable explanations we settle on “that’s just the way the world is, (that people are)”. With deeper insight we might realize what could be the causative factors for the trends that we observe.
One obvious thing we do see is the sharp division between wellbeing and deprivation. We tend to think that some people are better than others, and they know how to make more out of their lives. We do acknowledge some political, cultural or religious structures that slant the odds for who succeeds and who struggles. Some people start out with money, and some start with nothing.
“Truth that is ignored by friends is the deadliest weapon of the enemy."
Change Seems Inevitable
1. Society in the modern world changes. If those changes are in the direction that a researcher deems positive, that change is called development, or possibly intransitive development meaning it is happening by itself, (or by the collective agency of the players). If those ongoing changes are deteriorating social wellbeing, then the situation cries for transitive (or the interjection of proactive) development. If those interactions that are made on behalf of development are not delivering their promises, or if the side effects are more damaging than the positive goals that are able to be added to society, then Development Studies needs to be rethought. The possible motives of the developers should also be investigated, which I will look into below. I suggest that any effort put something into action should be judged only by the results on the ground for the parties involved, without much further justification.
I had been reading about the world monetary system, and I had asked a few of the participants at a conference on Rethinking Development Studies at Chiang Mai University last weekend what they thought the effect of money was on development theory. No one, it seems, has considered it in depth. They either did not understand me, or they thought that all currencies would be about the same. I am beginning to realise that development without currency and interest payment policy cannot have maximum effectiveness.
1. Academic circles in sociology have scarcely researched or tested attempts to investigate alternatives to the present monitory system. The kind of system that organises a society determines to a very large degree the measure of freedom and development, and mutual human relationships. The most prevalent reason for not thinking about the money system is the conviction that it cannot be changed. A money system has consequences that rise to the surface in human values. A system where greed and exploitation are built in, ends up destroying itself. It promotes the negative side of human beings with all its consequences rather than the positive side.